Sunday, September 21, 2014

Saturday September 20th 5 30am.
My alarm goes off, I get up and turn it off. Then it hits me, its race day. Today i am doing the gladiator rock n run. http://gladiatorrocknrun.com/ I pick up my friend shuan byrne, We are running the race together. In Obstacle races sometimes you need teamwork to get through. this was my 2nd obstacle race and shauns 1st. We are rookies. The race went great. Im hooked on the obstacle races. They are a ton of fun. anyway.......Shaun wanted to do the 8 oclock time slot so we could be in the competitive heat. we arrived on time, checked out what we could see of the course. and lined up.. and here comes the adrenaline rush.and the realization that (no offense to shaun he is a marathon runner man) we weresh out of water. these people were serious. These guys had 6 packs and im.... well.... fat. The race went well. We finished under my goal of 1 hour. its a 5k race with 17 obstacles. Turned out we didnt need teamwork in this race. Having a partner does help in the motivational department. lots of fun obstacles in this race. Some not so fun. Like Gladiator burpees, that burpees with cinder blocks. The lunges carrying  a tire uphill then back down were on that list as well. The slip n slide was dare i say epic. I bet i was going 40 mph. it was fast enough to give me a 2 in egg on my forearm after bumping it on the way down. I had a blast and cant wait till next year to do more of these races. 

3 comments:

  1. Had a blast doing it and I can't wait to do another one

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i knew you would. they are so much fun. i cant wait to train properly this offseason to be ready to kill these in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every "first time" gets better with practice :)

    ReplyDelete